Saturday, February 3, 2007

Beijing Day 1

Woke up at 430am by the alarm clock.. but finally got up around 450am.. I think. It must have been at least 1 year ago the last time I need to get up at this time. Limo was outside on the dot at 530am.. took a short cut for Puchong --> KLIA, thru Bandar Salak Tinggi, passing thru Dengkil exit and arrived at the airport (KLIA) at 555am.. too early for a 845am flight.. hmmph.


This is the luggage I bought specially for this trip. Something for me to dump my more than enough warm clothings. Of course, I will still forget something, but this is not unexpected.






Found the lane to check in for Biz class, not because the economy class check-in counter was full, but just because I am holding a Biz class ticket and I just want to feel exclusive... yes, I know ...

Not sure what are these called, but these two shrimps did manage to find their way into my stomach, should have taken more of these, so I could sleep thru the 6 hour flight. It was a good six mind-numbing hours. I guess there is really nothing to look forward on a A330 Biz class.




Arrived at Beijing Airport around 1445 Beijing time. Spent less than 20 minutes in baggage claim and immigration area.. thats something positive to start my visit with.
Hopped on a cab to Shangri-la Beijing and it almost took forever to reach the hotel.

A shot of some leafless tree taken from inside the cab to kill some time.


Reached the hotel after almost 1 hour.... and finally checked into the hotel at 10 minutes pass 4pm.

This is my hotel room, my temporary shelter for the next 7 days or so.








No comments: